Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
This comes from Taste of Home's Healthy Cooking magazine.
Make and share this Honey Cheese Bars recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup cold butter
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- In a small bowl, combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in walnuts. Press onto the bottom of an 8 inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, honey, milk, lemon juice and vanilla until blended. Add egg; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust.
- Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until set. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers.
Yum! This was so good,. I loved the walnuts in the crust, they were such a good compliment to the filling. Thanks for posting this delicious recipe!