These scones taste great with a honey butter.
Make and share this Honey-Cheddar Scones recipe from Food.com.
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup scallion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄3 cup orange blossom honey or 1⁄3 cup clover honey
- 2 tablespoons orange blossom honey or 2 tablespoons clover honey
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray 2 baking sheets with nonstick spray.
- In bowl, stir flour, baking powder and salt until blended.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add 1 cup of the cheese and scallions, toss to blend.
- In a bowl, whisk half and half, 1/3 cup of the honey and eggs until thoroughly blended.
- Slowly pour over dry ingredients, stir until evenly moistened.
- Gather sticky dough together, turn out onto a well-floured board.
- With floured hands, pat 12 even portions of dough into 2 1/2 inch wide discs.
- Place 6 discs, 1-2 inches apart on each baking sheet.
- In glass measure, heat the remaining 2 T honey in microwave 10 seconds.
- Brush honey over tops of scones, sprinkle each with the remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, or until dark golden brown.
- Cool on baking sheet 10 minutes.
- Serve with butter or honey butter.
This is a unique scone Lainey. It is sweet, savoury, cheesy, and robust, with a deep, intense flavor. The honey is a tasty addition. The scones were quick and easy to make. The dough was easy to work with and baked in 18 minutes.