4 hrs 22 mins
These rolls are so tasty. They make an excellent addition to your holiday table or any meal. BTW the prep time is a guess on my part because it was a required submission field, and refers mostly to the rising time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Note: You can save a lot of time here if you have a bread machine that has a manual setting that allows the bread machine to stop after the mixing and first rising and not go into a Bake cycle.
- 2Many of the better machines have that option specifically so you can make rolls instead of a whole bread loaf.
- 3If so add the above ingredients to your bread machine, remembering to separate one egg and reserve it's egg white for later as explained in step 3.
- 4Set the bread machine to the manual cycle so it will mix but not bake.
- 5Then after the bread machine is done follow the recipe from step 5 on.
- 6In electric mixer, combine 3 1/2 cups flour, yeast, and salt, blending well.
- 7Separate one egg; set white aside.
- 8Add yolk and remaining egg, hot water, honey, and oil to flour mixture.
- 9Mix vigorously, then knead with dough hook for about 6 minutes, adding flour if sticky, until smooth and elastic.
- 10Or turn out onto floured board and knead about 10 minutes.
- 11Place in greased bowl, turning to grease top.
- 12Cover with plastic wrap and damp towel.
- 13Let rise in warm place about 30 minutes.
- 14Punch down; let rest 5 minutes.
- 15Divide evenly; shape into 16 balls.
- 16Arrange in greased 9-inch layer cake pan, working from outside in, placing 10 around perimeter, then 5, and 1 in center.
- 17Lightly beat reserved egg white and brush over rolls.
- 18Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- 19Cover and let rise until doubled, about 15 minutes.
- 20Bake at 350 degrees about 22 minutes, until golden brown.
- 21Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Challah Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (54 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 134.3
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 26.4 mg
- Sodium 228.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 3.9 g