Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another recipe from First magazine.
- In saucepan over high heat, boil water.
- Add tea bags and let steep for 4 minutes.
- Remove tea bags and stir in honey.
- Let mixture cool for 10 minutes.
- Stir in vodka and pour into 4 ice filled glasses.
- Make it kid friendly: Omit the honey and vodka. After tea has cooled, combine in blender with 1 cup vanilla ice cream and 1 cup ice cubes. Blend until smooth.
This was a refreshing and different kind of drink. We loved it!! I really liked the fact that it wasn't too sweet, as I don't enjoy sweet acloholic beverages. I did add a couple of mint sprigs to the brew, just because I felt like somehting a little minty. Next time I wouldn't do that though LOL! If you like sweet tea, you may want to add some more honey, but we liked it the way it was. Thanks for a great adult treat Paula!
Not bad! I wasn't really wild about the way the bitterness of the tea tasted with the vanilla vodka, but the honey did take the edge off a bit. Next time I probably wouldn't steep it as long, and I might add more honey (which is weird, because I don't usually like really sweet drinks). Thanks for sharing...it definitely gave me some cool ideas for a chai beverage of my own!