Recipe by DailyInspiration
What's not to love -- a delicious, healthy recipe from Cooking Light. Cooking time does not include preparation of rice.
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 2 chicken breast halves, boneless, skinless (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup dry-roasted cashew nuts (unsalted)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- Combine chicken and next 3 ingredients in a bowl; toss to coat. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add canola oil and sesame oil. Add chicken mixture and saute for 4 minutes or until lightly browned. Increase heat to high, and add broccoli and the next 4 ingredients (through red bell pepper). Cook 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender and chicken is done, stirring frequently. Stir in cashews.
- Combine vinegar and remaining ingredients in a small bowl; stir with a whisk. Add vinegar mixture to chicken mixture; toss to coat. Serve with rice.