Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
Low cholesterol soup that is tasty and sweet. Original recipe called for 1/4 cup of honey but I found it to be way to sweet for my taste. I reduced the honey to 1/3 cup and liked it much better. From the National Honey Board
- 16 ounces baby carrots
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup chopped medium onion
- 1⁄2 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 cup honey, I reduced to 1/3 cup
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- In large saucepan combine carrots, chicken broth and onion.
- Cover and simmer over medium heat about 15 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- Transfer mixture to blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Return to saucepan.
- Add milk and honey.
- Return to simmer.
- Serve hot or chilles with a swirl of sour cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg.
I definitely liked it.. very different and interesting. I used 1/4 c honey, and it was definitely not too sweet. I think that 1/3 c honey would have been fine for us. I would not make it again just because it took a lot of time, effort and mess, then the final product was just 2 small soup bowls. Too much effort for such a small amount.
Easy to prepare. Beautiful color and consistency. Next time, I will further reduce the amount of honey...still quite sweet at 1/4 cup.