From yahoo group files
My Private Note
half pi ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place rhubarb in a bowl and pour boiling water over it to cover.
- 2Let stand 10 minutes, then drain and add the grated carrots, peel, juice,
- 3honey, salt and nutmeg.
- 4Mix well.
- 5Cover and let stand overnight in a cool place. If you use a metal bowl be sure it is stainless steel.
- 6In the morning bring the mixture to a boil and cook over medium heat,
- 7stirring often, until rhubarb is transparent and the mixture is thickened.
- 8Pour into prepared jars leaving a 1/4" headspace.
- 9Process jars in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes. Adjust time according to your altitude.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Carrot Rhubarb Jam
Serving Size: 1 (1459 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 264.5
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 286.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 60.3 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: