Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From yahoo group files
- 6 cups diced rhubarb
- 3 cups finely grated peeled carrots
- 3 grated oranges, peel and juice
- 1 cup honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Place rhubarb in a bowl and pour boiling water over it to cover.
- Let stand 10 minutes, then drain and add the grated carrots, peel, juice,
- honey, salt and nutmeg.
- Mix well.
- Cover and let stand overnight in a cool place. If you use a metal bowl be sure it is stainless steel.
- In the morning bring the mixture to a boil and cook over medium heat,
- stirring often, until rhubarb is transparent and the mixture is thickened.
- Pour into prepared jars leaving a 1/4" headspace.
- Process jars in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes. Adjust time according to your altitude.