1 hr 10 mins
Posted in response to a request. This recipe came from a Golden Blossom Honey newsletter. My apologies to the reviewer, I have corrected the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 3 cups carrots, peeled & grated (about 7 medium sized)
- 1/3 cup almonds, ground
- 1/2 cup matzo meal, plus
- 2 tablespoons matzo meal
- 4 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons red wine
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Spray a baking dish with non-stick spray.
- 3Beat yolks together until light, about 2 minutes.
- 4Mix in grated carrots, almonds, matzo meal, flour& salt until well-combined.
- 5Add citrus juices, lemon peel and wine.
- 6Stir thoroughly.
- 7Beat egg whites with 2 tablespoons honey until stiff.
- 8Add remaining honey and beat at high speed until peaks form.
- 9Fold 1/3 of egg whites into carrot mixture.
- 10When combined, gently fold in remaining egg whites.
- 11Spread mixture evenly in baking dish.
- 12Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Carrot Kugel
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 236.1
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 141.0 mg
- Sodium 140.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 15.4 g
- Protein 8.2 g