Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Posted in response to a request. This recipe came from a Golden Blossom Honey newsletter. My apologies to the reviewer, I have corrected the recipe.
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 3 cups carrots, peeled & grated (about 7 medium sized)
- 1⁄3 cup almonds, ground
- 1⁄2 cup matzo meal, plus
- 2 tablespoons matzo meal
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons red wine
- 4 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray a baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Beat yolks together until light, about 2 minutes.
- Mix in grated carrots, almonds, matzo meal, flour& salt until well-combined.
- Add citrus juices, lemon peel and wine.
- Stir thoroughly.
- Beat egg whites with 2 tablespoons honey until stiff.
- Add remaining honey and beat at high speed until peaks form.
- Fold 1/3 of egg whites into carrot mixture.
- When combined, gently fold in remaining egg whites.
- Spread mixture evenly in baking dish.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until golden brown.
My problem with this recipe is that on step #4, it says to add flour, but there is no flour listed in the ingredient list. I was terribly confused and ended up putting 1/2 c of passover cake flour in. I think that's what messed up the recipe. Even if I didn't put the cake flour in, there wasn't that much taste to the recipe