1/1 Photo of Honey Carrot and Date Muffins
The Blender Girl's Note:
I can’t count the number of times I have made these delicious gluten-free muffins. They are quick, easy, and absolutely scrumptious. I used to “make a date” with my carrot grater on many a lazy Saturday afternoon, and make a quadruple batch to take for snacks at work; and there were many grateful snouts. These muffins freeze really well. But I prefer the “straight out of the oven and gobble” approach. The piggy in me always feels like this is the way to get the most “bang for your buck” with gluten free baking. Straight out of the oven, these muffins are moist, springy and just perfect. They have such a rich flavour that they don’t need any spread. In fact, I have had some people tell me they are a little too rich after consuming 3 or 4! Make a date with these muffins and you won’t be disappointed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup white rice flour
- 3/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 teaspoons gluten free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon gluten free baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine celtic salt
- 1 cup grated carrot (about 2 medium carrots)
- 1 cup pitted chopped dates
- 1/4 cup organic grapeseed oil
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1/2 cup organic soy milk, hemp milk or 1/2 cup rice milk
- 2 organic eggs
- 1Preheat oven to 180C/350°F.
- 2Sift flours, baking powder and salt and mix evenly.
- 3Melt the honey in a small saucepan on low heat.
- 4Put in an electric mixer, or use a hand blender with a mixing bowl; add the eggs, milk, and oil and gently mix together. Blend in the honey.
- 5Keep the mixer running, and gradually add in the dry ingredients – mix thoroughly.
- 6Fold in the carrots and dates, and put into well greased muffin tins, and bake for about 20 minutes. This mix makes about 8 large muffins.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Carrot and Date Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (963 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 319.1
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 48.6 mg
- Sodium 262.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 30.1 g
- Protein 4.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
gluten free baking powder