Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Mmmm! Honey and Cardamom is such a pleasant combination. These carrots make an excellent side dish to my Roasted Chicken with Curry Leaves and Spices.
- 2 cups carrots, sliced
- 6 cups cold water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- Bring carrots in salted water to a boil and cook until just before done. Strain and place in ice water (skip the ice water if serving immediately).
- Before serving, melt butter in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add carrots to heat through and finish cooking.
- Add honey and cardamom, toss, adjust salt and serve.
I took this glaze and poured it over raw carrots for a change-up on boring lunches. Kids loved it!
Great recipe. I have used nutmeg, cinnamon or ginger on carrots, but never cardamom. I will be from now on. Great flavor combination and the honey was subtle. I used baby carrots.
The cardamom was just the thing I was looking for to give a little punch to the carrots. The flavor was very subtle and was a very nice change.(6)