1/1 Photo of Honey Cake W/Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Every Friday night I bake a cake. And this time around, I asked my 3 year old what kind of cake I should make. He had a biscuit w/honey at lunch, so his reply to me was "Honey Cake". I checked the Zaar, and found a promising recipe for Honey Cake and decided to change a few things here and there.
My Private Note
2 layer ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 1 cup raw honey
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup coffee
- 1/4 cup whole milk
cream cheese frosting
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Grease 2- 9" cake pans.
- 2In a separate bowl, mix all dry ingredients, excluding sugar.
- 3Using the whisk attachment of a stand mixer, whisk together all wet ingredients and sugar and medium speed. Add eggs one at a time until well blended.
- 4Turn mixer to low, and add dry ingredients in batches until well incorporated You may need to scrape down the bowl a few times. Make sure to scrape up the bottom of the bowl too! (I use a 6 qt, so you may not need to do that!).
- 5Turn on medium for about 30 seconds.
- 6Bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Remove pans from oven and set pans upside down on a cooling rack. Let cool for at least 10 minutes before attempting to remove pans.
- 7Fully cool before frosting.
- 8For the frosting:.
- 9Using room temperature cream cheese and butter, use paddle attachment on mixer and cream items together. Add Cinnamon and Vanilla.
- 10Add confectioners sugar slowly in batches with mixer on low speed.
- 11Add milk one tablespoon at a time until you've reached the desired consistency.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Cake W/Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 633.4
- Calories from Fat 208
- Total Fat 23.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 90.2 mg
- Sodium 412.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 102.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 64.9 g
- Protein 7.2 g