Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
this is as close as nostalgia gets for me
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup coffee
- 1⁄4 cup water
- preheat oven to 350.
- grease a 12 c bundt pan.
- in large bowl stir together first 6 ingredients.
- in small bowl lightly beat eggs.
- make a well in center of dry ingred's, add eggs, and remaining ingredients, and whisk well.
- pour into pan and bake for 50 mins, or until tester comes out clean-- i use a toothpick---.
- cool in pan, turn out to rack to cool completely.
this is delish,i love simple comfort food and this is it at it's best,smells wonderful while baking,and i must admit we did not let it cool befor we cut in it and enjoyed it with a cold glass of milk
Great honey cake recipe. Usually I don't like honey cake .... but this has a lighter more cake-like texture and not too sweet! Thanks for posting
This is the first Honey Cake I've ever made for Rosh Hashana, I was surprised to see I had all of the required ingredients on hand, the honey I used was Scottish Heather honey and Blossom Honey. I was concerned with how the cake would turn out as I had to bake it in two round pans as I don't have a bundt pan. It wanted to stick a bit but I think that was my fault...I put apricot jam between the two layers and the cake tastes even better from the fridge today! Thanks! This is a keeper.