Recipe by MizzNezz
This yummy cake is requested often.
Top Review by Charishma_Ramchandani
This cake was really good. I baked this this evening. It was Danny's (my BF's)birthday and I made this to serve to some family friends' who were coming home this evening. The cake took 1 hour 30 minutes to bake in my AMC Dutch Oven. Thank you for sharing this yummy recipe!
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 cups honey
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream shortening and honey.
- Add beaten eggs; mix well.
- Mix cake flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon and salt together.
- Add flour mixture to shortening mixture alternately with the buttermilk.
- Pour into two 9 inch cake pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 35 to 40 minutes, until cake tests done.