Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This is a Georgian recipe also called Taplis Namtskhvari. It's a very tasty cake.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees.
- Grease a 10" springform pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, spices, baking soda, and salt Make a well in the center and pour in the beaten eggs and honey.
- Stir only enough to mix thoroughly.
- Pour into prepared pan and sprinkle top with the chopped nuts.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until top springs back when touched.
- Cool in the pan on a rack.
- Cake will sink slightly in the center as it cools.
This was delcious eaten warm with creme fraiche. It's not as good the next day.