Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy, tasty moist cake. Always goes down very well. Good for those watching their weight.
- 4 ounces self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces margarine
- 6 tablespoons clear honey
- 2 ounces soft brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 ounce sliced almonds
- Sift flour, ginger, baking powder, and salt into a bowl.
- Rub in the margarine until it becomes like breadcrumbs.
- Add the honey, brown sugar and beaten egg.
- Beat and add milk if required until mixture is creamy.
- Pour into a lined greased 7 inch square tin.
- Sprinkle with sliced almonds.
- Bake in a preheated oven Gas 4 for 30 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- Turn out and leave to cool.
Yummy,but too sweet even though i only used 4 tablespoons of honey. I also used cinnamon instead of ginger as i dont like ginger.
I just made this after a big sugar craving and it was delicious - my first recipe tried from Recipezaar! I didn't have any baking powder so it probably didn't rise as high as it should have - the result was lovely dense, moist cake. It's a little sweet for me so I squirted a bit of lemon juice over it at the end - absolutely delicious.