Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I've lost count how many times I've been asked to make this honey bun cake. It was a copy of a clipped recipe I received from a co-worker many, many years ago. At the bottom of the clipping it states that it is by Mrs. Thomas A. Hicks in Durham, NC. Thank you Mrs. Hicks' for sharing this recipe. My family and friends have very much enjoyed this and I hope my Zaar buddies do as well. When taking this cake anywhere, I always try to remember to bring a copy of the recipe because someone always asks for it. On more than one occasion I've been offered money to make the cake! I always decline but do offer the recipe to share. If I make this cake, I plan on helping to eat it--not sell it!
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Mix first six ingredients together well to make batter.
- Mix last three ingredients to make topping.
- Spread 1/2 of batter in a prepared 9 x 13 x 2 inch pan.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of topping on top of batter.
- Pour remaining batter on top.
- Sprinkle with remaining topping.
- Bake for 30 minutes.