Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
My friend Valerie, from work, gave me this recipe! It is soooooo good!
- 1 yellow cake mix with pudding
- 4 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2⁄3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine cake mix, eggs, oil, water and cream cheese in a mixing bowl; beat on medium speed until smooth.
- Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine bown sugar, cinnamon and pecans; set aside.
- Pour half the batter into a greased and floured 13X9X2-inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle half the sugar mixture over batter.
- Pour remaining batter in baking dish and sprinkle remaining sugar mixture on top.
- Swirl with a knife.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Mix ingredients together for glaze.
- Remove cake from oven and drizzle glaze over cake.
AWESOME!!!!!!! This cake was the best! I took it to work and everyone kept coming back for more!
This recipe cost my husband a night's sleep. He ate about 1/4 of the cake (still warm) and went to bed. I think he got up 3 times to have more with milk. My son and his buddies also devoured their fair share. Delicious. Thanks for posting.
I have been making this cake for year (minus the pecans) and it is by far my most requested dessert. My nephew graduated from Frostburg State University a couple weeks ago, and this is the cake he requested for his graduation party :)