Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I found this recipe in an old church cookbook and made my own variations.I make it for my family of "honey bunnies"!!!!
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix or 1 (18 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1⁄4 cup nuts, chopped (your choice)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon milk
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine cake mix,nuts,sugar,eggs, oil and sour cream.
- In a separate bowl mix brown sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
- Pour cake batter into TWO 8x8x2 inch square pan.
- Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon mixture over batter and swirl with knife.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
- While cake is baking, mix the powdered sugar, butter and milk. [You may need to add more milk; it should be the consistiency of a thin paste.].
- When cake is done, poke holes in the top with a fork and pour powdered sugar mixture over the top.
Yummy cake! I used chopped walnuts, and added a few to the topping as well. This went so fast! A neighbor was here and had a piece, loved it, and said it would be good with a chocolate cake mix too, humm, might be worth a try. Great recipe, crawfish pie! Thanks!!
A very good cake. However, it does make two cakes if baked in the 8" pans. I would also maybe cut the brown sugar/cinnamon mixture in half as it seemed a little overwhelming. Excellent texture, very moist cake. Took it to a church potluck & everyone loved it!
Everyone loved this cake. I couldn't keep people out of it, so we would have some for dessert. Try this cake, your family will love you for it!