Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Fingerlickin' Good! Very easy and yummy! I got this from 'The Cake Mix Doctor' recipe book that used cake mixes as the base and you just added other ingredients to make something great!
- Combine all the cake ingredients and set aside.
- Thoroughly combine the filling ingredients.
- Pour half of the cake mix batter into baking pan and top with the filling ingredients. Pour the rest of the cake batter on top.
- (I like to split it further and do batter, filling, batter, filling and then batter. If I really want something sweet I drizzle a little honey on top before baking.).
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 38-40 minutes in a 13x9" greased baking pan or Bundt cake pan. Meanwhile prepare the sugar glaze.
- Cool cake on wire rack. Make sure you have something under the rack to catch the glaze though.
- While still warm, poke holes in the cake and pour the glaze over it.
I think it's from the Cake Mix Doctor. This is my all time favorite cake. Have made it in a 13x9 pan and in a bundt pan and much prefer the bundt- turns out moist and dense. I like to make extra filling and put some in the bottom of the pan then half the cake batter, more filling then the remainder of the cake batter followed by more filling. So delicious- everyone I make it for asks for the recipe!
Very easy & good! My girls & I enjoyed making this for Easter. Great directions--it turned out perfect. I may add some pineapple or serve with strawberries next time--will experiment. thank you for posting this!
I made this cake for work as a dessert for thanksgiving. It was a hit. I added a teaspoon of vanilla in the filling also. I will be making another for Christmas.