Great breakfast as a breakfast or dessert. Try it when you have visitors and you want something with your coffee.
- Mix well cake mix, eggs, vegetable oil, water, sour cream.
- In a separate bowl combine sugar, cinnamon (and pecans if used).
- Spray 13x9 pan with Pam spray.
- Pour 1/2 of batter into pan.
- Sprinkle sugar mixture on the batter already in pan.
- Pour rest of batter on top of batter and sugar that are in pan.
- Swirl a knife thru the batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
- While cake is warm top with a glaze (mixture of powdered sugar, milk and vanilla).
- Serve and enjoy!
YUM YUM YUM! So moist and good! I've cut this into small squares and let my girls eat it for breakfast... I know, cake for breakfast?!? But if they're going to eat a honeybun or donut, its about the same. Glad to know I can fix something the whole family enjoys too. Usually always have the ingredients on hand too. A keeper for sure!
Okay, I don't like super sweet cakes, so I stepped aside and let my little "sugar junkies" rate this one. DH loved it so much, he requested it to be his birthday cake this year. DD and DS practically inhaled theirs. I'm glad I froze several slices immediately after baking or I wouldn't have an OAMC review for you. Because the cake is very moist to begin with, it freezes quite well. I packed two slices in our lunch today, and they were satisfactorily thawed by lunchtime. Next time I'd bake them as cupcakes (22-26 minutes in greased or lined cupcake pan) and freeze them for lunchbox snacks. To freeze: Bake as directed. Glaze, then cool completely. Wrap slices in plastic wrap then aluminum foil. Freeze. To serve: Thaw, still wrapped, in fridge or lunchbox. Thanks, Melanie!
Everyone liked this cake. I didnt make the glaze but it was still yummy. Thanks for the recipe.