Recipe by Melanie G.
Great breakfast as a breakfast or dessert. Try it when you have visitors and you want something with your coffee.
Top Review by Holley Mc
YUM YUM YUM! So moist and good! I've cut this into small squares and let my girls eat it for breakfast... I know, cake for breakfast?!? But if they're going to eat a honeybun or donut, its about the same. Glad to know I can fix something the whole family enjoys too. Usually always have the ingredients on hand too. A keeper for sure!
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2⁄3 cup pecan pieces (optional)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix well cake mix, eggs, vegetable oil, water, sour cream.
- In a separate bowl combine sugar, cinnamon (and pecans if used).
- Spray 13x9 pan with Pam spray.
- Pour 1/2 of batter into pan.
- Sprinkle sugar mixture on the batter already in pan.
- Pour rest of batter on top of batter and sugar that are in pan.
- Swirl a knife thru the batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
- While cake is warm top with a glaze (mixture of powdered sugar, milk and vanilla).
- Serve and enjoy!