Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This cake taste so much like a gooey honey bun. Very easy to make. Everyone will think you have gone to so much trouble.
- Preheat oven to 300*.
- Mix cake mix, sugar, buttermilk, oil and eggs togehter.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9 X 13 inch dish.
- Mix together brown sugar, cinnamon and nuts.
- Swirl into cake mixture and bake for 1 hour.
- While cake is baking, mix togehter powered sugar, milk and vanilla.
- When cake is cooked and still hot, pour icing over cake.
- This taste best while warm.
I noticed there is a * on the 300 degree cooking instruction, but no further mention is made in these instructions. The cake was NOT done after 1 hour at 300. I had to cook for 15 additional minutes at 350. Then, the top was starting to be a bit overly done but the middle was still gooey. The taste was good, but this doesn't taste anything like a honey bun. It tastes like a cinnamon coffee cake or a cinnamon roll.
This tastes just like a honey bun. It is a very easy recipe to follow. It is a keeper at my house. Thanks so much for sharing.