Recipe by TeleComCal
Title caught your interest? My family loves trout so I wanted make something different than fried or Almondine or baked lemon and butter. Sweet, bu the garlic comes through nicely. Hope you enjoy. I used 1 pound fillets of local Steelhead ( Hatchery ).
- 2 fish fillets (Trout, Salmon or Steelhead)
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In a food processor or blender combine honey, garlic, salt, pepper and olive oil. Puree/process until well mixed. (Will look like slightly melted whipped butter).
- Spray a shallow baking dish with non-stick cooking spray, or lightly butter (your choice). Place fillets in dish.
- Brush on the honey sauce, trying to use it all.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar, covering the fillets.
- Bake (my fillets took 30 minutes to be done) until fillets are golden brown and the sugar has caramelized.
- Serve warm.