Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Title caught your interest? My family loves trout so I wanted make something different than fried or Almondine or baked lemon and butter. Sweet, bu the garlic comes through nicely. Hope you enjoy. I used 1 pound fillets of local Steelhead ( Hatchery ).
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In a food processor or blender combine honey, garlic, salt, pepper and olive oil. Puree/process until well mixed. (Will look like slightly melted whipped butter).
- Spray a shallow baking dish with non-stick cooking spray, or lightly butter (your choice). Place fillets in dish.
- Brush on the honey sauce, trying to use it all.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar, covering the fillets.
- Bake (my fillets took 30 minutes to be done) until fillets are golden brown and the sugar has caramelized.
- Serve warm.
Very good. We also use this with a foil boat on the bbq with salmon and steelhead.
Wonderful! Quick to put together and a beautiful balance of flavors. I cooked along with some leeks and butter and the little run-off sauce gave them a great flavor as well.
This is absolutely delicious. Not overly sweet and the fish didn't get dried out. I added a few more cloves of garlic.. Mmmm, perfect!