Recipe by the80srule
I saw this on the Thanksgiving special of Down Home With The Neelys and finally found the recipe! You can find the original on the Food Network website. But I changed it for convenience reasons. I'm guessing that 6 ears of corn would be about one 14-oz cans or a 16-oz bag of frozen corn (going by the reviews on the Food Network site); I don't have patience or time to husk those! Canola or sunflower oil would probably work fine if you're avoiding solid fats.
- 16 ounces kerneled corn (or one 14-oz can)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the brown sugar, honey, and cayanne in a small bowl together.
- Slowly melt the butter in a skillet and add the salt and pepper.
- Add the corn and cook until immersed in the seasoned butter and tender; this won't take long if using canned corn.
- Add the brown sugar paste and stir through thoroughly, cooking on medium-high heat until immersed.
- Turn the heat off and serve immediately.