Recipe by GaylaJ
These are great broiled as instructed, but I am also anxious to try them on the grill. Don't skip the sesame seeds--I think they make the dish. Prep time includes time to marinate. Recipe from Fisherman's Express.
- 453.59 g sea scallops
- 44.37 ml lime juice
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 14.79 ml honey
- 14.79 ml soy sauce
- 1.23 ml ginger
- 29.58 ml toasted sesame seeds (or more)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine lime juice, oil, honey, soy sauce and ginger. Add scallops and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Remove scallops from marinade, reserving marinade, and thread evenly on 4 skewers.
- Place skewers on shallow baking pan that has been sprayed with non-stick coating (or line with non-stick foil for easy cleanup).
- Broil 4-6 inches from source of heat 2-3 minutes. Turn and baste with reserved marinade and continue cooking 2-3 minutes, or until opaque throughout.
- Place sesame seeds on waxed paper and roll each skewer over the seeds to evenly coat scallops.