Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
These are great broiled as instructed, but I am also anxious to try them on the grill. Don't skip the sesame seeds--I think they make the dish. Prep time includes time to marinate. Recipe from Fisherman's Express.
- 1 lb sea scallops
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds (or more)
- Combine lime juice, oil, honey, soy sauce and ginger. Add scallops and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Remove scallops from marinade, reserving marinade, and thread evenly on 4 skewers.
- Place skewers on shallow baking pan that has been sprayed with non-stick coating (or line with non-stick foil for easy cleanup).
- Broil 4-6 inches from source of heat 2-3 minutes. Turn and baste with reserved marinade and continue cooking 2-3 minutes, or until opaque throughout.
- Place sesame seeds on waxed paper and roll each skewer over the seeds to evenly coat scallops.
This was a nice easy dinner that is healthy too. I think that I would like it a little better if there was a sauce drizzled over it, but otherwise no issues.
Excellent, Gayla!! The marinade was great. Not to strong and just strong enough to taste. We loved this. Served with jasmine rice,CookingJo's Balsamic-Bacon Dressing over spinach and Kelly's roasted carrots. YUM. THX, Caroline