1/1 Photo of Honey Brined Herb Roasted Turkey
Allow 12 - 18 hours for the turkey to marinate in the brine. It's worth the wait as this process always assures a moist, flavorful turkey.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove giblets and neck from turkey, reserve for gravy. Rinse turkey with cold running water and drain well. Blot dry with paper towels.
- 2Prepare brine by mixing water, honey and salt in a large bowl. Stir until honey dissolves. Add half the thyme and sage along with the garlic and black pepper. Set aside. Add chicken stock.
- 3Line an extra-large stock pot with a food-safe plastic bag. Place the rinsed turkey in the bag and pour brine over the turkey. Gather the bag tightly around the turkey, causing the turkey to be surrounded by the brine. Seal the bag and refrigerate the pot, bag and brined turkey for at least 12 hours.
- 4Pre-heat oven to 350°F Remove turkey from brine and pat dry inside and out. Discard brine. Place turkey, breast side up, on a rack in a large shallow (about 2 1/2" deep) roasting pan.
- 5Squeeze lemon juice into the main turkey cavity. Put the squeezed lemon halves into the cavity along with the rest of the thyme and sage. Coat turkey lightly with oil and sprinkle inside and out with salt, pepper.
- 6Insert an oven safe meat thermometer into the thickest part of the thigh, being careful the pointed end of the thermometer does not touch the bone. Roast turkey, basting with poultry stock every half hour or so.
- 7Loosely cover with aluminum foil to prevent over browning, remove foil during last hour and a half of cooking time. Continue to roast until thermometer registers 180°F in the thigh, or 170°F in the breast.
- 8Remove turkey from the oven and allow it to cool for 15-20 minutes before carving.
Browse Our Top Whole Turkey Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Turkey Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Brined Herb Roasted Turkey
Serving Size: 1 (922 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 609.9
- Calories from Fat 243
- Total Fat 27.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 219.8 mg
- Sodium 14456.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 18.5 g
- Protein 67.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: