Recipe by ColoradoCookin'
Taken from an old cookbook, adapted to fit my needs and tastes. 281 calories, less than 1 gram of fat, 2mg of cholesterol.
- 1 cup 100% all-bran cereal
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) jar prune baby food
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl mix dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl mix wet ingredients, then fold in raisins.
- Transfer to airtight container and refrigerate overnight.
- To bake, preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray 6 large, 3" muffin cups with no-stick spray.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups.
- Bake 20-23 minutes.
- Cool in cups for 5 minutes, then remove and cool on wire rack.
- To make standard-sized muffins spray 12 2 1/2 inch cups with no-stick spray, spoon batter into cups and bake 16-19 minutes. 141 calories, less than 1 gram fat, 1 mg. cholesterol.