Recipe by College Girl
Healthy, high fiber, and yay I have all of these ingredients on hand. Oh dieters rejoice. If you like cabbage, this is great..
Top Review by *pink*
This was pretty good. It was my first time having braised cabbage. I did add more honey to get it a little sweeter. It was a good healthy side dish. I may try some other recipes to decide which way I like it best. Thanks for the recipe idea!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced thin
- 1 green apple, sliced thin
- 1 head red cabbage, core removed and sliced thin
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons honey
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan heat butter and olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook for three minutes. Add apple and cabbage, and cook for five minutes. Stir in vinegar, salt, pepper, and honey.
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cabbage is soft.