Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 min
We had this tonight and it was quit good. A little different. The sauce is really rich and creamy and I loved it, but it doesn't go well on mashed potatoes. Modified from a recipe from cooking light.
- 2 (1 lb) pork tenderloin
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup Bourbon
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger (or 1/4 tsp ground ginger)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- Trim fat from pork.
- Combine onion and next 7 ingredients (through the garlic cloves) and place in a large zip-lock plastic bag.
- Add pork and seal.
- Marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Remove pork from bag, reserving marinade.
- Salt and pepper pork. (We used a generous portion of fresh ground pepper).
- Prepare grill to medium heat.
- Place pork on a greased grill and reduce heat to low.
- Cover and cook for about 20 minutes for a nice pink color inside. (NOTE: I have a Weber grill and it gets pretty hot on low so use your own judgment. 20 minutes was perfect for us).
- Turn every 5 minutes and baste with 1/2 cup marinade.
- Remove to a 200 degree preheated oven to keep warm. (Let it sit for about 10 minutes while you make the sauce).
- The onions will be a little crip, so it that does not suit you, remove them with a slotted spoon before preparing the sauce.
- Place flour in a small saucepan.
- Gradually add remaining marinade and water, stirring with a whisk until blended.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook for 3-5 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Spoon gravy over pork and serve.
Too much Bourbon I think, without the extra sauce it was good though.
This is delicious! a nice marinade which translated into a nice gravy. And since pork tenderloins were on sale today I bought two 2-lb packages and made another batch of marinade that I froze the other one in for a later meal! Thanks for the post.
This is one of my favorite recipes. I make it a lot in the summer when we can grill. We always serve it with mashed potatoes and like the gravy sauce on the potatoes as well! My kids even love it and ask for it when we haven't had it for a while in the winter. I usually serve it with a nice green veggie and a salad. Yummy!