1/5 Photos of Honey Bourbon Grilled Pork Tenderloin
We had this tonight and it was quit good. A little different. The sauce is really rich and creamy and I loved it, but it doesn't go well on mashed potatoes. Modified from a recipe from cooking light.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (1 lb) pork tenderloin
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Bourbon
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger (or 1/4 tsp ground ginger)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1Trim fat from pork.
- 2Combine onion and next 7 ingredients (through the garlic cloves) and place in a large zip-lock plastic bag.
- 3Add pork and seal.
- 4Marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- 5Remove pork from bag, reserving marinade.
- 6Salt and pepper pork. (We used a generous portion of fresh ground pepper).
- 7Prepare grill to medium heat.
- 8Place pork on a greased grill and reduce heat to low.
- 9Cover and cook for about 20 minutes for a nice pink color inside. (NOTE: I have a Weber grill and it gets pretty hot on low so use your own judgment. 20 minutes was perfect for us).
- 10Turn every 5 minutes and baste with 1/2 cup marinade.
- 11Remove to a 200 degree preheated oven to keep warm. (Let it sit for about 10 minutes while you make the sauce).
- 13The onions will be a little crip, so it that does not suit you, remove them with a slotted spoon before preparing the sauce.
- 14Place flour in a small saucepan.
- 15Gradually add remaining marinade and water, stirring with a whisk until blended.
- 16Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook for 3-5 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly.
- 17Spoon gravy over pork and serve.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Bourbon Grilled Pork Tenderloin
Serving Size: 1 (292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 566.0
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 149.6 mg
- Sodium 937.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 36.3 g
- Protein 48.5 g