3 hrs 20 mins
This ham is a showstopping Southern classic! Gets rave reviews every time. From The Southern Living Heirloom Cookbook. Note: Cook time includes a 30 minute stand time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Remove skin from ham, and trim fat to 1/4-inch thickness. Make shallow cuts in fat 1 inch apart in a diamond pattern; insert cloves in center of diamonds. Place ham in an aluminum foil-lined 13 x 9-inch pan.
- 2Stir together brown sugar and next 4 ingredients; spoon over ham.
- 3Bake at 350 degrees F on lowest oven rack 2 hours and 30 minutes, basting with pan juices every 30 minutes. Shield ham with foil after 1 hour to prevent excessive browning. Remove from oven, and let stand 30 minutes. Makes 16 servings.
- 4Ham 101: Cooked ham can be served directly from the refrigerator. If you'd like to serve it hot, heat in a 350 degree F oven to an internal temperature of 140 degrees F.
- 5Uncooked ham should be heated to an internal temperature of 160 degrees F in a 350 degree F oven. Plan to cook it 18 to 20 minutes per pound.
- 6Dry-cured ham is rubbed with salt and seasonings and then stored until the salt fully penetrates the meat.
- 7Wet-cured ham is seasoned with a brine solution, which keeps the meat moist and the texture tender.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey-Bourbon Glazed Ham
Serving Size: 1 (303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 835.0
- Calories from Fat 426
- Total Fat 47.4 g
- Saturated Fat 17.2 g
- Cholesterol 246.3 mg
- Sodium 233.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 19.4 g
- Protein 70.9 g