Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I made this chicken for my family for dinner one night after being asked to make it by my mother. It makes brown rice much more tasty when the sweet sauce soaks into it. Perhaps adding green onion to this would be great.
- 236.59 ml low sodium soy sauce
- 236.59 ml bold coffee
- 59.14 ml apple cider vinegar
- 118.29 ml honey
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 118.29 ml Bourbon (I like J. D.)
- 14.79 ml blackstrap molasses
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 4.92 ml onion powder
- 9.85 ml crystallized ginger (optional)
- 44.37 ml cornstarch
- 44.37 ml water
- 6-8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- In a medium sauce pan, mix together the first 9 ingredients.
- Simmer on medium for 1 hour.
- Stir together corn starch and water and add to the still simmering bourbon sauce.
- Leave on medium heat which preparing chicken.
- Cut chicken into 3/4-inch cubes.
- Season with salt and pepper liberally.
- Heat a large, heavy bottomed, saute pan on high that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- When it is smoking add chicken.
- Brown chicken on both sides and then add bourbon sauce.
- Let simmer for 2 minutes and serve.
Sorry-this was just ok. The flavors were just too strong. I served this with rice .