Recipe by MizEmerilLagasse
I made this chicken for my family for dinner one night after being asked to make it by my mother. It makes brown rice much more tasty when the sweet sauce soaks into it. Perhaps adding green onion to this would be great.
- 1 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup bold coffee
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Bourbon (I like J. D.)
- 1 tablespoon blackstrap molasses
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons crystallized ginger (optional)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 6 -8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium sauce pan, mix together the first 9 ingredients.
- Simmer on medium for 1 hour.
- Stir together corn starch and water and add to the still simmering bourbon sauce.
- Leave on medium heat which preparing chicken.
- Cut chicken into 3/4-inch cubes.
- Season with salt and pepper liberally.
- Heat a large, heavy bottomed, saute pan on high that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- When it is smoking add chicken.
- Brown chicken on both sides and then add bourbon sauce.
- Let simmer for 2 minutes and serve.