Once upon a time I swear I had a honey bourbon chicken wing recipe in this cookbook, but I seem to have lost it, so I had to make it up again as best as I could remember. Needed a BBQ meat dish for a Christmas do and thought this would be a good treat. Prep time doesn't include marinade time or final cooking time!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Make sure the chicken is fully thawed. I bring it home and start on this right away. Put the chicken into a large ziploc bag. I like to use a bag as you can move stuff around better than with a bowl.
- 2Add the orange juice and honey to a saucepan and heat slowly to warm while stirring. DO NOT allow to bubble or boil. You pretty much just want the honey to melt into the juice.
- 3Using a garlic press (or a grater) crush the cloves into the honey-juice mixture while stirring.
- 4Slice the ginger into pieces small enough to fit in the garlic press. Using the same garlic press put sliced pieces of ginger into the press and crush into the stove top mixture. Or grate them is you find crushing too hard.
- 5I pick out the crushed bits of ginger and garlic and put them into the mixture as well. Use more ginger if you like ginger and less if you don't. I didn't use very much as the people who will be eating this don't care for ginger as much as I do.
- 6Pour the warm honey-juice-garlic-ginger mix into the ziploc bag on top of the chicken. I feel the bottom of the sauce pan before I pour. You should be able to touch it so that the mix wont melt the bag. If it is too hot let it cool a little bit.
- 7Add 2 table spoons of soy sauce on top of the chicken marinade mix.
- 8Chop the green onions and add to the bag.
- 9Using your hands on the outside of the bag make sure all the meat is coated and the soy and green onions are mixed up as well.
- 10Put the bag in the refrigerator and bring it out when ready to cook. After a few hours you can freeze the mix in the bag if you like as well.
- 11You can allow this to marinate for a few hours or more than a day. If you are planning on cooking the chicken in a pan in your oven a few hours should be all you need. If you are planning on grilling I would advise longer.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Bourbon Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 208.3
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 59.1 mg
- Sodium 313.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 14.9 g