1/2 Photos of Honey-Bourbon Brine for Steaks
Just wait until you taste your steaks with this brine, you will be in heaven lol! it's a fantastic brine for steaks and also any cut of beef. The brine is enough for 6 (1-inch) steaks or a few less thicker steaks. Do not brine the steaks anymore than 6 hours, 8 hours maximum, and please DO NOT brine for 24 hours! The steaks must be left out on the counter for a couple of hours to bring down to almost room temperature, this is an important step to relax the meat fibers, this will create a more tender and juicy steak, so start this recipe early in the day. Use kosher salt *only* for this brine!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups water (room temperature)
- 1/3 cup bourbon whiskey
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt (use kosher salt only!)
- 1 tablespoon chopped lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (more to season the steaks before cooking)
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh garlic (can use more)
- 6 boneless beef steaks (about 1-inch thick)
- 1In a bowl combine water with 1/3 cup bourbon, 1/3 cup honey, kosher salt, lemon zest and black pepper; stir to completely dissolve the salt, then add in the garlic.
- 2Place the steaks in a large resealable plastic bag and set in a shallow dish.
- 3Pour the brine over the steaks then seal the bag.
- 4Toss bag to coat the steaks in the brine.
- 5Place in refrigerator for 6-8 hours (no more than 8 hours!) tossing the bag occasionally making certain that the meat is covered with the brine.
- 6About 2 hours before cooking the steaks, remove steaks and discard the marinade.
- 7Rinse the meat VERY well under cold water and place on a plate/s.
- 8Let the beef sit our on the counter for about 2 hours or until almost room temperature (THIS IS IMPORTANT! the steaks must come down to room temperature before cooking!).
- 9Season the steaks with only black pepper (salt the steaks after cooking).
- 10Place the steaks on the grill and grill to desired doneness (or steaks can be oven-broiled).
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey-Bourbon Brine for Steaks
Serving Size: 1 (859 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 281.6
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 10475.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 46.6 g
- Protein 0.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
boneless beef steaks