Recipe by Sarah_Jayne
I found this in a cookbook my mother haws called 'Sweetened with Honey'. It sounds yummy.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
I am not a big fan of blueberries (just muffins) so I made this for DH and DS and they both loved it! I put it on toast for both of them; will try it on blueberry pancakes and see how that goes. Made for I Recommend Tag.
- 1⁄2 cup fresh blueberries or 1⁄2 cup frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup honey, divided
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat blueberries and 2 tablespoons honey in small saucepan to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly.
- Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until mixture or until mixture thickens and is reduced by half. Cool.
- Blend in remaining honey.
- Beat in butter or margarine.
- Serve at room temperature and store tightly covered in the fridge when not using.