I found this in a cookbook my mother haws called 'Sweetened with Honey'. It sounds yummy.
Make and share this Honey Blueberry Spread recipe from Food.com.
- Heat blueberries and 2 tablespoons honey in small saucepan to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly.
- Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until mixture or until mixture thickens and is reduced by half. Cool.
- Blend in remaining honey.
- Beat in butter or margarine.
- Serve at room temperature and store tightly covered in the fridge when not using.
I am not a big fan of blueberries (just muffins) so I made this for DH and DS and they both loved it! I put it on toast for both of them; will try it on blueberry pancakes and see how that goes. Made for I Recommend Tag.
Absolutely great tasting spread, & so easy to make, too! I had it along with a swipe of cream cheese on a soft tortilla wrap, & also on a couple of waffles! And now I'm wanting to make it again to gift to a friend or two! Thanks for sharing this great keeper! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Cookbook Tag]
This spread is decadent! I made it today, and plan to use it on english muffins, bagels and waffles or pancakes (I can't decide!) I could not wait to taste it, and it didn't disappoint. I will definitely make this again...I followed the recipe as written, but others may want to use unsalted butter; I like salt! Thanks for sharing, Sarah_Jayne.