Make and share this Honey Blueberry Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- Prehaet oven to 400 degrees.
- Sift flour with salt and baking powder.
- In a seperate large bowl, mix milk, honey, beaten egg, and melted butter.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients.
- Stir quickly just long enough to moisten dry ingredients.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Fill greased/paper lined muffin pans 1/2 full.
- Bake 30-35 minutes at 400 degrees or until lightly browned.
I'm going to rate this 3.5 stars. The muffins would've been really good if they weren't so moist, so that's my only complaint :) . But if I were to make this recipe again, I would really just stick to filling the cupcake tins half way and not pushing it because mine grew huge and they overflowed. Oh, and if your using paper cupcake cups then please please spray them with Pam or something because you will not be able to peel it from the muffins when their done.
3.5 stars. I should have paid more attention to stormylee's review. I did cut the salt down but only to 3/4 tsp. I agree you need to cut it down even more. I didn't check on them until the buzzer went off at 30 minutes. Way to dark. Next time I would cook them at 350 degrees. They came out on the chewy side. I don't know if that was due to being a tad bit overcooked or just the muffins themselves. I plan to make these again but with less salt and lower temperature. Thanks Parsley for posting.
Hmm, make that 3,5 stars! ;-) Reading through the ingredient list I figured these would not be very sweet muffins (not a problem!), but the whole teaspoon of salt actually made these muffins quite savoury, which in turn made the blueberries taste a bit out of place for me. I felt the salt was a bit too much - for a not-too-sweet breakfast muffin I would decrease the salt down to 1/4 ts or just a pinch. My 12 muffins baked in a little over 20 minutes, so start checking early! Thanks for posting!