Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I have not tried this yet but am going to make it tomorrow. I'll post on how it goes. I have been looking for a natural lip balm recipe using beet juice as a colorant rather than artificial ones and found this one in a book i own. The amounts were wrongly written so i have altered them how i think they should be (sorry if its wrong!)
- 1⁄4 cup light oil, such as sweet almond oil
- 1⁄8 cup grated beeswax
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon essential oil
- 3 drops beet juice, for color
- melt wax and oil in double boiler.
- Beat very well( electric mixer) until creamy.
- add honey, oil and beet juice.
- beat again