Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A little sweet and a little spicy perfect blend of flavors!
Make and share this Honey Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb sirloin
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 small onion
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cooking sherry
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Cut onion and beef into thin strips (beef should be bite size).
- Add two tbl oil to hot pan or wok.
- When oil is hot and swirly, add garlic and onions. Cook two minutes or until onion is lightly browned.
- Add florets and cook two minutes.
- Add sirloin and stir fry until cooked through. Don't overcook or florets will be mushy!
- Meanwhile, Combine sherry, cornstarch and soy.
- Turn heat off and drizzle honey all over stir fry. Add soy mixture and stir.
- Stir in red pepper.
Your dish was selected as one of our top 5 to review first on our new recipe review blog, it was that good! We made your recipe and posted our own photo at thegoodpins.blogspot.com. The dish was flavorful and an interesting twist on one of my personal favorite Asian dishes.
Yummy!! I'm so glad I waited to rate this until I made it a second time. First time was not that good (way too powdery). Turns out I misread the ingredients; there is a difference between tsp. and Tbl. with cornstarch. We did like flank steak over sirloin, and I added 1 Tbl. ginger with the garlic. The honey and red peppers were a nice balance. Will make this again!