Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 9 mins
From the Alpha-Bakery childrens cookbook put out by Gold Medal Flour when I was a kid. I used to love cooking up all these recipes with my mom!
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Beat margarine, brown sugar, honey, and egg in a medium bowl on medium speed, scraping bowl constantly, until smooth. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Drop dough by teaspoonsful onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake until set and light brown around edges (surface of cookies will appear shiny), 7-9 minutes.
- Let stand 3-5 minutes before removing from cookie sheet.
- Honey-Bran Cookies: Stir 1 cup of shredded bran cereal into batter.
- Honey-Cinnamon Cookies: Mix 2 tablespoons sugar and 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon; sprinkle on cookies immediately after removing from oven.
- Honey-Coconut Cookies: Stir 1 cup of shredded coconut into batter.
I make these all the time (I still have my book from the 80s). Everyone loves them. I sprinkle powdered sugar on top so they don't stick together in storage.
Pretty good simple cookie. I used buckwheat honey
Nice, simple cookie. DS really enjoyed them. I made as stated and did find that I had to bake them 11-12 minutes or the middle of the cookie was still raw. Also, when taking them off the cookie tray, they smoosh a little since they are such a soft cookie.