Recipe by coconutcream
From the Alpha-Bakery childrens cookbook put out by Gold Medal Flour when I was a kid. I used to love cooking up all these recipes with my mom!
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Beat margarine, brown sugar, honey, and egg in a medium bowl on medium speed, scraping bowl constantly, until smooth. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Drop dough by teaspoonsful onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake until set and light brown around edges (surface of cookies will appear shiny), 7-9 minutes.
- Let stand 3-5 minutes before removing from cookie sheet.
- Honey-Bran Cookies: Stir 1 cup of shredded bran cereal into batter.
- Honey-Cinnamon Cookies: Mix 2 tablespoons sugar and 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon; sprinkle on cookies immediately after removing from oven.
- Honey-Coconut Cookies: Stir 1 cup of shredded coconut into batter.