Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
One of the favorite items that is on the menu is the Barbecue sauce that was original made fresh in the store and used to dip the wings, the original chicken and now the chicken strips. Now it comes in a bag and all we have to do is add hot water and keep warm.
- 1 1⁄2 cups ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄8 cup molasses
- 1⁄8 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon msg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- In a sauce pan combine all of the above and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for 5 minutes and keep warm.
- When you are ready to eat the chicken dip in and allow the chicken to drain for 1 minute.
This was really good. I have made it several times and plan on using the sauce for my meatballs this holiday season. When I don't have honey i use brown sugar instead. GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!
This was exactly what we were looking for! Served with spicy oven-fried chicken... Didn't use MSG. Can't wait to try variations with different spices etc. Seems pretty close to the KFC dipping sauce to us.
This was a good tangy, rich sauce. I used it as a dipping sauce for chicken strips, but think it would really excel with fried chicken dipped into it and drained as recommended. I look forward to trying it that way soon!! Thank you!