Julie in TX's Note:
This is a yummy flavor filled chicken dish. It's perfect for those hot summer says when you don't want to heat up the kitchen. It can also be prepared in the broiler. I did not include marinating time in the total prep time. I like to serve it with a rice dish and a spinach salad. A cool key-lime pie would make it a perfect meal!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the first 6 ingredients.
- 2Cut the peppers into 1-2" pieces.
- 3Add the chicken breasts& peppers to the honey mixture.
- 4I put all the ingredients in a heavy-duty zip lock bag.
- 5Seal the bag and shake it until the chicken& peppers are coated with the honey mixture.
- 6Put it in the refrigerator and let it marinate for 3 hours.
- 7Turn the bag several times to make sure the chicken and the vegetables are well coated with the marinade.
- 8Take the chicken and peppers out of the marinade.
- 9Put the marinade in a saucepan and bring it to a boil.
- 10Reduce the heat and simmer until the sauce reduces a small amount.
- 11This usually takes about 5 minutes.
- 12Spray the grill rack with cooking spray.
- 13Heat the grill to medium heat.
- 14Put the chicken on the rack and close the grill lid.
- 15Cook for 8-10 minutes.
- 16Turn the chicken and continue cooking for 8-10 minutes.
- 17Baste with the marinade during the last few minutes of cooking.
- 18The peppers can be grilled in a grilling basket or on skewers.
- 19The peppers will need to grill for about 5 minutes on each side.
- 20The chicken and peppers can be cooked in your oven broiler.
- 21Place them in a single layer on the broiler pan which has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- 22Broil 5-6 inches from the heat for 10 minutes.
- 23Turn the chicken and peppers and baste with the marinade.
- 24Cook for an additional 8-10 minutes or until chicken is done.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Basil Grilled Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (353 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 354.9
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 34.2 mg
- Sodium 45.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 50.4 g
- Protein 15.7 g