Recipe by Jeaness68
These are the perfect desert for pot lucks, they are sweet and chewy, and always go quickly
Top Review by Jeri Roth Lande
These were really yummy & so fast to make. The most surprising part was the icing. I have looked for a while for good tasting icings that don't have butter or shortening. This is the best I have tried.
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat Oven to 350.
- Beat honey, oil and sugar until well blended and light.
- Add egg and mix well.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in separate bowl.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to honey mixture mixing well.
- Spread into 9X13 greased baking pan.
- Cook 15 to 20 minutes until edges are light brown and center is puffy and doesn't look moist.
- While bars are baking mix together Powdered sugar, vanilla, mayonaise, and water.
- Spread icing on bars while still hot.
- Let cool completely and cut into bars.