Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A delicious grilled recipe that makes the meat very tender. The part that takes the longest is allowing the meat to marinate!
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce (I love Sweet Baby Ray's Hot and Spicy)
- 1⁄4 cup honey (use the real stuff, if you buy it in bulk, it's pretty cheap) or 1⁄4 cup maple syrup (use the real stuff, if you buy it in bulk, it's pretty cheap)
- 2 tablespoons sweet sherry
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 lb chicken or 1 lb shrimp
- Mix first four ingredients together
- Place chicken or shrimp in a freezer bag or bowl and add marinade
- Marinate for at least one hour (I often add the marinade as soon as I take the meat out of the freezer and let it thaw in the marinade)
- Grill or broil until meat is no longer pink (sorry, I am horrible with cooking times!).
I too used the Sweet Baby Rays Hot N Spicy Sauce and Real Maple Syrup. Excellent choices if I do say so myself! The chicken was sweet with a little tang, just how I was hoping it would come out. Just yummy!