Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Cooking Light. If you can't find buckwheat honey, substitute molasses.
- 236.59 ml chili sauce, the Ketchup type
- 118.29 ml ketchup
- 118.29 ml buckwheat honey
- 78.07 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 14.79 ml cider vinegar
- 14.79 ml Dijon mustard
- 14.79 ml sriracha sauce
- 4.92 ml paprika
- 1.23 ml salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 6 lemon wedges
- Combine first 10 ingredients in a small saucepan over med-high heat; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 30 min, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and cool. Reserve 1/3 c sauce.
- Combine chicken and remaining sauce in a large ziplok bag; seal and marinate in fridge at least one hour, turning bag occasionally.
- Prepare grill to med-high.
- Remove chicken from bag; discard marinade. Grill chicken 5 min on each side or til cooked through, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Serve with lemon wedges.
Absolutely wonderful! I love Cooking Light recipes and this was amazing. One cup chili sauce is very close to a 12 oz. bottle, so next time I won't measure. Used buckwheat honey, which gives a strong distinctive flavor which I highly recommend. Am sure molasses would be good, too, but a different flavor. Reserved about 2/3 cup sauce and even so had more than enough marinade for 6 medium-sized chicken breasts. Next time I'd use 8. Marinated for about 6 hours, grilled, and had the most wonderful tender juicy chicken imaginable. A little spicy but all of my children ate and enjoyed this. Thanks for sharing the recipe!