Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook6 hrs 30 mins
On the sweet side.
Make and share this Honey Barbecue Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 -2 shallot, minced
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 3⁄4 cup preserves (such as raspberry, apricot, peach, plum, or orange marmalade) or 3⁄4 cup jam (such as raspberry, apricot, peach, plum, or orange marmalade)
- 2⁄3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (to taste)
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper
- Add the first 13 ingredients to a slow cooker; stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5-6 hours or until thick.
- If the sauce is not thick enough, remove the lid, turn the cooker to HIGH, and cook for up to 30 minutes or until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Let cool; transfer to a jar and store, tightly covered, in the refrigerator for up to 2 months.
- 5 cups.