Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is the recipe for Applebee's famous riblets. It requires grilling (or broiling) the ribs, then steaming them to make them tender. It takes several hours to make them, but since they slow steam in the oven for several hours, it is a great choice for a party dish.
- 2 lbs pork riblets (or rib strips)
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper
- Season ribs with salt, pepper and garlic.
- Place on a medium hot grill and sear on each side.
- Continue grilling until the ribs are nearly done.
- Place ribs in a broiler pan on a rack.
- Fill the bottom of the pan with the water and liquid smoke.
- Close pan or cover it to seal it.
- Place in the oven at 275 degrees F. for 2 to 5 hours.
- The longer you leave them the more tender they will be.
- Brush with plenty of heated barbecue sauce right before you serve.
I love this recipe for ribs, I braze them on the grill, then put them in the oven for the 4-5 hours. It is the easiest recipe for ribs! My family loves them! I use baby backs, but have used others the secret is the slow cook.