Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
This meatloaf dish is great, it has a little twist with the BBQ sauce, it will be enjoyed by everyone!
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄3 cup honey barbeque sauce
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 lb ground beef
- In large bowl dissolve bouillon in water, stir in egg, oats, bbq sauce, onion, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic powder, salt, pepper and chili powder.
- Add beef and mix well.
- Press into an ungreased 8x4x2in.
- loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Top with ketchup.
- Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until meat thermometer reads 160 degrees or meat is no longer pink.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
I made this for the "Beyond Burgers Challenge" in the Cooking Photo Forum, and as part of mine and SO's dinner.I didn't have the correct sauce that the recipe called for, so the same amount of Recipe#285567was used.Other than that, this recipe was made as written.I baked this for 45 minutes,then topped with the ketchup returned and baked for the final 15 minutes.After the meatloaf "rested", I went to the meatloaf and it just fell apart.But the reason my SO and I are both giving it a 3 Star rating is the taste, it had none. And I really don't think it was the change in the BBQ sauce, there was just no taste. I'm sorry but this won't be made again. :(
This meatloaf was outstanding. Very moist and didn't fall apart when it was sliced and put on the plates. Had a great sweet 'n tangy flavor. The mustard and worcestershire sauce really pump the flavor up a notch or two. Thanks Danielle for a wonderful and delicious meal.