Prep 6 hrs
Cook 10 mins
This is similar to KFC's but in my opinion much improved -- you will need to adjust the honey to suit taste, for a bit of heat add in a pinch of cayenne pepper, plan ahead this sauce needs to be chilled for a minimum of 6 hours before using or overnight the longer chilling time the better -- this makes a great dipping sauce for chicken strips see Crispy Chicken Strips
- 1 1⁄2 cups ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1⁄3 cup honey (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- In a saucepan combine all ingredients; bring to a simmer and cook over low heat stirring occasionally for 10-15 minutes (adjusting the honey amount to suit taste).
- Cool to room temperature then refrigerate for at least 6 hours before using or up to 2 days.
Great dipping sauce to go with our chicken fingers and fries!
This sauce turned out very good! I used just 1/4 cup honey because I was afraid it might be too sweet for my liking. It was just right like this. I used it for boneless chicken wings and they were delicious! Very easy too.
Yummy dipping sauce. I used with your Crispy Chicken Strips #79996. I will definately make this sauce again and use it for different things. Thanks for the recipe!!