This complete recipe may be doubled but keep the garlic amount at three cloves --- add one some cherry tomatoes, large mushrooms or fresh pineapple chunks on the skewers if desired.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/3 cup liquid honey
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 3 large fresh garlic cloves (chopped in quarters or large pieces)
- 1 green onion (sliced into about 1-inch pieces)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- wooden skewer (soaked in cold water a minimum of 30 minutes or longer before threading)
- 1Slice the chicken breasts in half or into thirds or whatever size you you desire to thread on the skewers.
- 2In a large glass bowl (use a large enough bowl to hold the marinade and the chicken strips) whisk together oil, honey, soy sauce, barbecue sauce and black pepper until well combined; add in garlic pieces and green onion.
- 3Add in the chicken strips and toss with the marinade to combine well.
- 4Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 8-24 hours (tossing the strips once or twice during chilling won't hurt!).
- 5Remove the chicken strips and discard the marinade.
- 6Thread chicken strips on the wooden skewers piercing at least 3 times through the skewers (make certain to soak the skewers for a minimum of 30 minutes before threading).
- 7Grill over medium heat.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey-Barbecue Chicken Skewers
Serving Size: 1 (125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 210.8
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 54.7 mg
- Sodium 488.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 22.7 g