Prep 8 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This complete recipe may be doubled but keep the garlic amount at three cloves --- add one some cherry tomatoes, large mushrooms or fresh pineapple chunks on the skewers if desired.
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1⁄3 cup liquid honey
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 3 large fresh garlic cloves (chopped in quarters or large pieces)
- 1 green onion (sliced into about 1-inch pieces)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- wooden skewer (soaked in cold water a minimum of 30 minutes or longer before threading)
- Slice the chicken breasts in half or into thirds or whatever size you you desire to thread on the skewers.
- In a large glass bowl (use a large enough bowl to hold the marinade and the chicken strips) whisk together oil, honey, soy sauce, barbecue sauce and black pepper until well combined; add in garlic pieces and green onion.
- Add in the chicken strips and toss with the marinade to combine well.
- Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 8-24 hours (tossing the strips once or twice during chilling won't hurt!).
- Remove the chicken strips and discard the marinade.
- Thread chicken strips on the wooden skewers piercing at least 3 times through the skewers (make certain to soak the skewers for a minimum of 30 minutes before threading).
- Grill over medium heat.
This was easy to make and the only way my boyfriend will eat chicken breast! I only marinated for 1 hour and the flavour was great! We added peppers, mushrooms and onions to the scewers. Great recipe!!
Great recipe! We added some hot stuff ( cayenne ) to the marinade since we like it have "kick"! Thanks for posting a keeper.